Importance washing hands properly :- Hygiene is the protection against all the disease-causing bacteria and virus. The primary key to hygiene is washing your hands. This is what the children are being taught in their preschool. But even as an adult most of us are being careless about washing our hands. Even though you are washing your hands periodically you should do it in a proper manner to gain the utmost protection against the diseases. There is much research has been conducted to prove the point that most of the people are ignoring the importance of a proper hand wash especially after using the bathroom.
To shed light on all the risks involved in not washing our hands properly, we have come up with this article.
ALL THE TIMES YOU SHOULD WASH YOUR HANDS
Before progressing to explain the risks involved in not washing your hands, let’s discuss all the times you should definitely get your hands clean. This is not a complete list but it should make you realize the importance of washing your hands more often than you do now.
Likewise, there is a lot of circumstances you should wash your hands to prevent spreading of diseases.
- You should clean your hands properly before eating or preparing the food.
- You should definitely wash your hands before lifting the infants.
- You should definitely wash your hands when you cover your mouth for a cough or a sneeze.
- You should wash your hands while you deal with your contact lens.
- You should wash your hands while you deal with the wounds in the body.
- You should wash your hands after using the restroom.
- You should wash your hands after changing the baby’s diaper.
- You should wash your hands after you get rid of your home’s garbage.
- You should wash your hands while you deal with patients.
Once, even the doctors were careless about the hand washing and that had an adverse effect on the patients. Later on, the inevitableness of the hand wash was realized and the medical councils have made it a mandatory thing to follow. The rule is not confined to the doctors itself but it applies to each and every person on the earth who wants to lead a healthy life.
Here is the list of some of the risks involved in being careless about washing our hands.
The trachoma, which is a famous eye infection, has the potential to cause the blindness. The trachoma is caused by bacterium Chlamydia trachomatis that first causes irritation in the eye then gradually lead to the roughening of the inner surface of the eye. According to the studies, it is the major cause of visual impairment for more than two million people all over the world.
The primary way to prevent this infection is the cleanliness. When your hands go in contact with your eyes the bacteria in your hands makes its way into your eyes and causes the infection. If you wash your hands properly then you could simply avoid the eye related problems.
The diarrhea is caused by a variety of viruses, bacteria, and parasites. Studies report that it is the cause of death for children under the age of five all over the world. One of the many ways of spreading of diarrhea-causing virus or bacteria is from our hands properly after using the bathroom. Even the tiny speck of feces has the ability to infect you and cause diarrhea. By properly washing your hands with soap you could also avoid the intestinal problems.
The Flu is something we are not that much worried about considering its ephemeral presence and the easy treatment. Also since the flu is spread through the air you might think that it has got nothing to do with the hands. That’s where you are wrong. The flu and cold are also spread through a simple touch. For example, when a person with flu cover his mouth while sneezing and touch you with the same hand, the germs are transferred to your body ultimately affecting you. So it is important to also advise your dear ones to properly wash their hands to prevent spreading the germs.
Washing your hands properly could save you from the risk of developing a respiratory infection. Most of the times, the pathogens that are responsible for the respiratory infections are found on our hands that would lead to severe problems like Influenza, an acute infection that would lead to fever, headache and the inflammation of the mucous membranes. This infection is not the rare case so you should be more careful and wash your hands properly.
Likewise, there are a lot of diseases that would spread due to your carelessness. Most of us have this habit of simply rinsing our hands in the water before eating or using the restroom. We consider it as a cleaning and risk ourselves as well as people around us. Hence, you should learn the proper way to wash your hands and prevent any diseases coming your way.
HOW TO WASH YOUR HANDS?
Since we have used the word ‘proper’ frequently in the article we feel obliged to explain the proper steps to washing your hands. These steps are same everywhere and if you didn’t learn that yet then now is the time.
importance washing hands properly
- Do not use stagnated water to wash your hands. Always use the tap water.
- Remove any accessories you wear like a ring or a wristwatch.
- Wet your hands in the tap water.
- Then apply soap or any other hand washes in your hands and lather for 20 seconds or until you feel the dirt has been removed.
- Apply soap everywhere like the back of the hands and between your fingers.
- Do not forget to clean your hands up to your wrist.
- Rinse your hands well in the tap water until the soap is cleaned away.
- Now dry your hands using a clean towel.
This is the perfect way to clean your hands. Practice them by washing your hands regularly. Make it a habit.