onion juice: Is onion juice helpful for hair growth?
The baldness is the condition that’s being a nightmare to a lot of people especially the spot baldness called as alopecia areata, which is an embarrassing problem where the baldness occurs at a specific spot on the scalp. According to a study published in 2002, it is proved that the onion juice has a potential to prevent the spot baldness promoting the hair growth. The reason for the effectiveness of the onions in hair care can be understood when we keenly study its chemical structure.
The Sulphur present in the onion is responsible for its antibacterial and antifungal properties. The bacterial or fungal infection roots up in the pores on the scalp and the Sulphur deeply cleanse these pores from the infections killing the germs. If dandruff is your biggest problem, then the onion juice is your biggest remedy! The astringent property of the onion juice focuses on increasing the blood flow in the scalp that energize the hair follicles and promotes the thick hair growth. A simple preparation from the onion could save you from your worst hair fall nightmare. Follow this remedy regularly to maintain a healthy hair free from all the damages.
Onions are one of the few things that will always be available in our kitchens. Apart from its edible benefits, it has got a power for fighting hair loss. This simple vegetable is rich in the variety of compounds that deals with several body related issues.
- They are powerful antioxidants that prevent people from premature greying.
- Onions fight the lice and dandruff.
- They add shine to the hair.
Likewise, the onions have a lot of hair care benefits that make it a suitable element for preparing the hair care remedies.
Preparing the weapon
Since we have decided that we are going to do miracles using onion, we should prepare onions to serve us with the remedies. So we have to learn to prepare onion juice first. It doesn’t require an expert’s guidance to take the juice out of the onions. Take few onions and peel them. Then grate the onion into small pieces and drop the pieces into the mixie or juicer. Grind the grated onions well and add some water to the mixture. Then filter the mixture using a cloth/filter. That’s it. You have got your onion juice ready.
Four effective hair care remedies that involve onion homemade
hair care remedies that are based on the onion. These remedies are easy to prepare and proved to be potent in preventing hair loss.
Since we have learned to prepare onion juice, this first remedy totally depends on onion juice alone.
- Apply the onion juice to your scalp using your fingers
- Gently massage it in order to spread it along the surface of the scalp without leaving any region.
- Leave the mixture dry with hair for about 60 minutes before washing it off using shampoo.
- Cleanse the hair thoroughly in order to get rid of the pungent smell of the onion.
- Repeat the remedy once every week to see the desired result.
It is as simple as that. This remedy boosts the blood circulation in your hair and stimulates the hair growth eliminating any scalp related problems.
Some of you will be shocked to find the honey in the hair care remedy list. There is a myth about this honey that it stimulates the graying of the hair even if a drop of it is exposed to the scalp. If you are one among those people who bought the myth then it’s time you learned the truth.
Honey is basically a good moisturizing agent and it is rich in nutrients and antioxidants that have a positive impact on the hair growth.
- Mix the honey and the onion juice in the proportion of half tablespoon of honey to the 2 tablespoons of onion juice.
- Thoroughly mix them both and apply the mixture to the scalp
- let it fry for about an hour before cleansing your hair with shampoo.
- Repeat this process at least twice a week to get rid of your hair loss problem.
Onion Juice with potato
Potato generally deals with several most common hair problems like split ends, dandruff, hair loss and dryness since they are rich in nutrients and minerals like vitamins B and C, iron, zinc, and niacin that have a positive impact on the hair growth. Hence we have justified the reason for using the potato with the onion juice for preparing another hair care remedy.
- Prepare the potato juice just like you prepare the onion juice.
- Then mix them both in the proportion of two tablespoons of potato juice to the one tablespoon of onion juice.
- Mix them well and apply it directly on the scalp.
- Spread the mixture on your scalp by gently massaging it for about ten minutes before you wash it off using the shampoo.
- Repeat the procedure on alternate days to see the result kicking in soon.
Onion Juice with Yogurt
Yogurt is rich in nutrients that stimulate the hair growth and it also acts as a fine moisturizing agent that nourishes the hair reducing the hair damage. The remedies prepared using the yogurt usually takes less than a minute to prepare.
- Add two tablespoon of yogurt to a bowl full of onion juice and mix them thoroughly until you get the fine mixture.
- Apply the solution directly on the scalp and let it dry for about an hour.
- Then cleanse your hair thoroughly with the shampoo utile the smell goes away.
- You can use this remedy once in every week to get rid of your hair loss.
follow the above procedures to get rid of your embarrassing hair loss issue. Good luck!